Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hydrotherapy

I started physical therapy, again, last Thursday after my back pain returned in full force. I had been enjoying walking regularly with Wes most days after work, but it was becoming increasingly difficult as my pain increased. Even though I was going slow, I felt like something was better than nothing, but then the pain became intolerable. After a week of no exercise, I realized I had to do SOMETHING.

Most public pool schedules are pretty inconvenient, but there were open hours at the Bellevue Aquatic Center from 12-3 today in the "Warm Springs" pool, which is kept at 91F and is meant for "therapy," but it technically is "open" so there were still some splashing kids. It felt really good, but I quickly realized swimming motions were still painful for me and after nearly a 1/2 hour of walking the width of the pool back and forth, back and forth, running into kids and getting bored, Wes and I hung out on the side and I started making cycling motions with my legs. That felt great and like I was actually getting some exercise! Hopefully I'll be able to make more of a habit of it.

I hate to complain because it's all worth it for this amazing little life inside me! He's doing good :) Everything came back normal last week at our monthly checkup. I had to do the glucose screening (to check for gestational diabetes) which involves drinking a glucose drink (I chose fruit punch and found it pleasant) and getting a blood draw exactly an hour afterwards. They also checked my iron and thyroid levels--all fine.

Oh oh oh, we got our crib, crib mattress and rails (well, those will be stored for a long, long while but had to get them as I'm sure by the time Cooper is using a full size bed the crib/rails will be discontinued!). Excited to assemble and finish setting up the room. Two more houseguests before then, though, so we need to keep the queen set up just a little longer :)

1 comment:

Ange said...

Nice and newsy - love the all the details. Keep 'em coming sis!