Friday, November 30, 2007

Random Phrases Currently Uttered By Helen for No Rhyme or Reason

In an issue of a local magazine called "425" (the eastside's area code), a piece called "What do you consider beautiful?" posed the question to random residents. My favorite response was a 4-year-old who said, "Cold things, like popsicles and whales."



Which brings me to another reference to "beautiful." In the Flight of the Conchords' song "The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room," (if that is indeed the proper title of that song), the lyrics go: "And when I saw you at my mate's place/I thought what is she doing at my mate's place/How did Dave get a hottie like that to a party like this/Good one Dave!!!Ohhhh you're a legend, Dave!" Well, I tend to say, "Good one, Dave. You're a legend, Dave" quite a lot. I miss my weekly dose of FOTC. Looking forward to seeing the Wellingtonians of the Year when the 2nd season starts.

No comments: