Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Adopt-a-Roadsters

Can you think of a better way to spend a beautiful Saturday morning
in the Pacific Northwest than picking up litter? Actually, it was quite a lot of fun! We found an interesting array of items from a fire extinguisher to a dead mouse to a tent! Of course there heaps of plastic bags, bottles and soda cans, but what I learned was that people snack a LOT in their cars and think nothing of disposing their nutrigrain bar wrapper out the window! I guess I never really grasped the concept of littering.

Stats: 3 hours and 8 bags of trash. We'll probably go out again later in the summer, in the early morning when there's no traffic. Hopefully by then our names will be plastered up on the sign so everyone knows who takes care of that really important 1.7 mile strip of East Lake Sammamish Parkway!

No comments: