The lady they've hired as my replacement at work said her mother was a Labor & Delivery nurse and the maternity ward was always busier during full moons. The idea behind that is the gravitational pull has an effect on the amniotic fluid as it does the tides--putting more pressure on the sac causing it to break. But here's a 2006 NY Times article that debunks that myth. Who knows. I think those old wives' tales (rather, old nurses' tales?) are amusing ideas to entertain. The next full moon is October 4; we'll see what happens.
Every day is one day closer to meeting our little guy! And I definitely feel closer, too. It feels like it could be any day, but I could be feeling that way for the next 4 weeks! It'll happen when it happens. I noticed my guess on expectnet.com was for October 15. If you haven't entered your guess, visit that site and search for BabyWahlin.
No comments:
Post a Comment