Thursday, December 03, 2009

What I didn't realize about babies until I had one ...

1. Cradle Cap takes a lot longer to go away than I imagined.
2. The hair they come out with falls out ... slowly.
3. They smile in their sleep (dreaming about milk?)
4. They get baby acne (also hangs out awhile, like the cradle crap).
5. The magic of Moby (not the artist, the wrap...he falls asleep in it almost instantly).
6. Arms are still flailing, hence socks are still covering hands to prevent facial scratching.
7. Another instant sleep factor: bouncing on an exercise ball (with babes preferably in the Moby).
8. His poop, pee, vomit or spit all over me doesn't gross me out at all.
9. Having a spare of everything in the diaper bag is a good idea.
10. You need to be extra thorough when giving sponge baths...don't miss one fold and make sure to clean the gunk out of their pits and the jam outta their fingers!
BONUS: You just don't know until they're in your arms or they smile at you how extraordinary your love is for them...

1 comment:

Wes said...

I was also amazed how effective swaddling is.

Step 1: Swaddle
Step 2: Bounce a few times
Step 3: Sleep