
Well, I'm 12 weeks, almost to the day and haven't much felt like starting something like this until now! I'm still a bit gaggy here and there (nice thought, I know), but I'm not as tired (typically), but the energy level goes up and down. More of a variety of foods are starting to appeal, but in the beginning it was really hard to find anything that sounded good, and it's usually not until right before I HAVE to eat that I can think of what sounds good...
Today was an exciting day because I had my 12-week appointment and we got to hear the heartbeat, which was between 162 and 166. For some reason, probably out of excitement I started laughing, which inhibited us from hearing the heartbeat...but I couldn't stop! I calmed down...Then the midwife said, "Let's do an ultrasound!" Wasn't expecting that...So it was a fun surprise! She brought in a portable one (so the quality wasn't as good, but it was still good enough!) and showed us our baby! At first the baby looked like it was just hanging out, sleepin', but then it started moving! And I start laughing again...uncontrollably!! So we could no longer see the baby...I had to look away and take some deep breaths, but then Wes and the midwife were talking about it, and I had to look and would start laughing again! I can only guess I was just so overcome with joy and excitement that I I didn't know how to react. It's funny, I guess you don't know what kind of emotions are going to flood out of you when you're experiencing something you've never experienced before! It really caught me off guard and made it seem even MORE real that there was a squirmy little bebe in there.
I scheduled my 20-week appointment, the one where we find out the sex...counting down!!
6 comments:
Ahhhh, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you and Wes. Can't wait to hear more updates!
thaaaank youuu!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Thank you for the invitation to your blog. I´m looking forward to hearing more updates. I know the fealing when you can´t stop laughing only because your so happy. Now you´ve inspired me to update Viggo´s blog, haven´t done that since we got home from LA. Take care!
Hi both of you!
Some news you have. Christer and I says CONGTATULATIONS x 1000.
I am not so used to blogg reading and do not realy know how it works but I hope this message will come to you.
Big huggs from Christer & Inger-Lise in Sweden.
it was really cool until Helen ruined it by laughing so much! :)
still can't believe CN was rolling around so much, it was awesome!
What a special moment! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment