Tuesday, June 15, 2010
30th Birthday!!
Today was the big day! It all started with an hour-long massage, which was sooooooo nice and relaxing. I tried to savor every moment. I was so looking forward to the foot massage, but was so relaxed I fell asleep. Ack! Cooper was such a good boy while I was out; I don't think he even realized I was gone! He had a great time with Auntie and Mormor. We had a fabulous meal at Etta's at the market. I had salmon, the other two had halibut. The waiter brought a piece of coconut cream pie that was chilled and had a twisty candle on it. So yum! We walked around the market for a bit, then headed back to Bellevue where we enjoyed a hot bevvie from the buckstar. Met up with Wes at Lincoln Square for a Kinect premiere recap. We were handed glowing orbs upon entry (Cooper loved them) and were told concessions were free. We stood in line for about 10 minutes and didn't get very far as we didn't want to miss the showing so we went back to our seats, but it turns out they delayed the showing about a half hour because the lines were so long. Lame! We were better off without the popcorn anyway! It was cool, though, to see the preview of Kinect. Had a tasty dinner at Boom Noodle across the street, then came home and had a surprise at the door--a birthday flower "cake." SO cute! It was from Jamie + family. So sweet :) Also sweet was the piece of birthday cake I had at 10 p.m. OY! Why did I do that? Cuz it's my birthday, I know. But now I'm so full and hyped up on sugar. Hahaha. Ah well! All in all, a great way to ring in "30," being with my family and enjoying the beautiful day! (It did start raining at dinner, but we're grateful for the sunshine we had all afternoon!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment